The Idea of Perfection

When the creative juices begin to flow, I find that I cannot stop myself from writing with wild abandon. With that being said, I include for your eyes a poem that I've written, entitled The Idea of Perfection.

.............................................................................................................................................................


Perfection.
It is something we subconsciously strive for; part of the human condition you could say.
The more I think about this word, the more I realize that it is no more than an idea,
A collection of traits summed up as the ideal human individual.

Perfection.
It doesn't exist; perhaps it never has,
So why do we long for such a thing?
Is it hard-wired into our DNA, that we 
should stamp out anything which deviates 
from this rule?


Perfection.
It has many forms, from the wonder of a 
newborn babe to the love of our life who 
stops our heart with a single glance.
It is all around us, in every possible form.
It is the trees we glimpse and the air we breathe.

Perfection.
Many years from now, what will you be?
Just another line for the human population to cross,
Or an ideal that we will still try to uphold, pushing 
many to the brink of madness while in pursuit.

Perfection,
It is all and it is each of us.
We have the power to choose what perfection means to us.
To me, it is you.




........................................................................................................................................

If you enjoyed this poem, then feel free to connect with me on Goodreads or Wattpad:
I'm always open to talking about books, poetry, or anything of interest that might crop up.


Popular posts from this blog

What Self Publishing Blogs Aren't Telling You

Buchelli Books Has Moved

Sunday Brings A Book Launch